What is a Master Gardener?
The program is open to any adult with an interest in plants and a desire to share that with others. Master Gardeners are volunteers for the University of Illinois Extension.
What training is required?
Extension Educators and State Specialists with the University of Illinois provide the training for Master Gardeners. Classes are conducted every Tuesday for 10 weeks (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.). There is a $145 registration fee for the training which includes a Master Gardener manual.
Attendance at classes is required.
For more information and applications, contact the Effingham Extension Office at 217-347-7773 or visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/cefj/.
Deadline to apply is January 12, 2018.
- Jan. 22 - Orientation, Botany
- Jan. 30 - Insects
- Feb. 6 - Vegetables
- Feb. 13 - Soils
- Feb. 20 - Wildlife, Organic gardening
- Feb. 27 - Lawns
- March 6 - Diseases and diagnosis
- March 13 - Trees, shrubs, vines
- March 20 - Annuals & perennials
- March 27 - Fruits
- April 3 - Integrated pest management
- Starting Friday, December 22nd, 2017, repeated every day until Friday, January 12, 2018 — all day