LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Lake Land College agriculture students recently attended the conference and competition of the National Professional Agriculture Student Organization (PAS) in Louisville, Ky., the week of March 12.
Six hundred students representing agricultural colleges in 18 states from across the country competed in various areas of agriculture specialization. After winning at the Illinois PAS conferences in their respective areas, the following students went on to compete at the National PAS conference. Illinois PAS Organization is part of a nationwide PAS group known as a career and technical agriculture student organization, for the promotion of skills, leadership and education in agriculture.
2017-2018 LAKE LAND COLLEGE PAS STUDENTS – NATIONAL PLACING:
- Wyatt Claire, 1st place individual, 1st place team, Watseka
- Bryce Gullidge, 2nd place individual, 1st place team,Louisville
- Justin Johnson, 10th place individual, 1st place team, Bloomington, Ind.
- Micah Smock, 1st place individual, 1st place team Jackson Center, Ohio
- Brandon Stickler, 4th place individual, 1st place team, Pleasant Plains.
- Maddie Fugate, 5th place individual, 1st place team Mahomet
- Gretchen Macklin, 2nd place individual, 3rd place team, Findlay
- Kathryn Helmink, 6th place individual, 3rd place team, Montrose
- Christinana Quance, 5th place team, Beecher City
- Patrick Watson, 5th place team, Paris
Ag Machinery Technician
- Riley Reynolds, 5th place individual, 5th place team Mt. Zion, Illinois
- Jordan Stewart, 9th place individual, 5th place team Williamsfield, Illinois
Soil Science Specialist
- Michael Schmidt, 5th place team, Marshall
- Alex Hartke, 5th place team Teutopolis
- Emma Repking, 5th place team Teutopolis
- Maddie Fugate, Mahomet
- Taylor Hartke, Teutopolis
The Lake Land College Agriculture Division offers 12 majors that prepare students to enter the workforce or prepare to transfer to a four-year college. For more information visit lakelandcollege.edu.