PARIS -- Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center and athenahealth will host “Living 50+,” a free adult wellness fair, on Oct. 14 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Paris Family Medical Center.
The event will feature health screenings, seminars by health care professionals, live “Stay Strong, Live Long” exercise program, and vendor displays. Additionally, participants can drop off old hearing aids, glasses, and medications.
Modeled after the Back to School Bang event, Living 50+ will be similar to a health fair, with tables featuring different departments and organizations setup throughout the Family Medical Center. Tables will offer educational materials, a give-a-way, and a chance to ask questions and interact with health professionals.
Services offered during the event will include the following:
- Flu shot clinic (normal insurance co-pay applies or $27 cash pay)
- Free blood sugar checks
- Free bone density heel scans
- Assistance with patient portal sign ups
Additionally, health care professionals will speak on a variety of topics:
- 9:15 a.m.- “Healthy Aging”- Crystal White and Susan Arp, family nurse practitioners
- 10:15 a.m.- “Arthritis”- Dr. Ronald Wheeler, orthopedic surgeon
- 11:15 a.m.- “Outpatient Treatments for Pain”- Paris Community Hospital’s Pain Management Staff
- 12:15 p.m.- “Explaining Medicare”- Mark Swanson, Diamond Brothers Insurance
Live “Stay Strong, Live Long” exercise classes will begin at 9 a.m. and will be held each hour. These interactive exercise classes are free and will last about 15 minutes.
Additional information and services during the event will include: diabetes education, advanced directives planning, information about healthy aging, and CPR education.
Participating organizations will include the Paris Fire Department, Bee Well of Edgar County, Edgar County Lions Club, Edgar County Health Department, Senior Care, and more.
Paris Community Hospital is partnering with athenahealth to host this event. Athenahealth provides an electronic medical record (EHR) system which Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center implements within the facility. Athenahealth will be providing giveaways to each participant at the event and will be sponsoring door prizes.