The Forget-Me-Not Resource Center at the Effingham Public Library has been up and running for over two years. During those two years, the following books and DVDs are the ones that have been checked out the most. We thought it might be helpful for you to know what resources have helped others"
- "Activities to do with Your Parent" by Judith Levy
- "Alzheimer’s Early Stages: First Steps for Family, Friends and Caregivers" by Daniel Kuhn
- "Before I Forget: Love, Hope, Help and Acceptance in our Fight Against Alzheimer’s" by B. Smith, Dan Gasby and Michael Schnayerson
- "I’m Still Here – A Breakthrough Approach to Understanding Someone Living with Alzheimer’s" by John Zeisel
- "It’s all in your Approach" - DVD
- "Keeping Love Alive as Memories Fade: The 5 Love Languages and the Alzheimer's Journey" by Debbie Barr, Edward G, Shaw , Gary D. Chapman
- "Lewy Body Dementia" - DVD
- "Living Your Best with Early Stage Alzheimer’s" by Lisa Snyder
- "Surviving Alzheimer’s" by Paul Scott
- "Talking to Alzheimer’s" by Claudia J. Strauss
- "The 36-hour Day" by Nancy Mace
- "The Alzheimer’s Action Plan" by Lisa P. Gwyther, P. Murali Doraiswamy, and Tina Adler
- "The Art of Caregiving" - DVD
- "The Brain Bible" by John Arden
- "The Emotional Survival Guide for Caregivers" by Barry J. Jacobs
- "The Journey of Dementia" - DVD
All of these, but one, are in the Forget-Me-Not Resource Centers in Clay, Cumberland, Coles, Shelby, Jasper and Fayette Counties. That resource, Talking to Alzheimer’s, will be in the libraries by the end of January.
If you would like to see a review of some of these titles, go to our website at www.effinghamalz.org to read the Forget-Me-Not Spotlight reviews.
These resources are available at the Effingham Public Library, Newton Public Library, Greenup Township Public Library, Shelbyville Public Library and the Mattoon Public Library in the Forget-Me-Not Resource Center. If you do not have a library card, ask at the main desk how to check out any of these resources.