CARLYLE -- The 18th Annual Kaskaskia Watershed Summit sponsored by the Kaskaskia Watershed Association, Inc. (KWA) will be held March 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Mariners Village Convention Center in Carlyle.
Registration begins at 9 a.m. with morning refreshments. This year’s theme “Partnering to Make Choices to Better the Kaskaskia Watershed” will focus on the choices to be made on the local, state and federal level to correct issues in the watershed. Speakers include:
- COL Bryan Sizemore Commander, St. Louis District, Army Corps of Engineers
- Jeff Boeckler, NorthWater Consulting
- Dave Gordon, Supervisory Hydraulic Engineer, St. Louis District, USACE
- Monique Savage, Planner, St. Louis District
- Bob Hammel, Site Superintendent, Eldon Hazlett State Park
- Jon Summers, Operations Manager USACE, Lake Shelbyville
- Doug Wasmuth, Natural Resource Specialist, Carlyle Lake
- Courtney Wilson, Asst. Operations Manager USACE, Jerry F. Costello Lock and Dam
- Mic Middleton, Site Superintendent, IDNR Kaskaskia State Fish and Wildlife Area
- Carena Van Riper, Asst. Professor Dept. of Natural Resources and Environmental Science, UofI
Please register for the Summit by RSVP by March 1 to HeartLands Conservancy, 406 E Main, Mascoutah, IL 62258, or calling 618-566-4451, ext. 12, or by email. Credit cards can be used for advance registration to email@example.com.
There is a $15 registration fee to cover the cost of the noon meal and refreshments. More information can be found on the website at www.heartlandsconservancy.org.