Each end of year brings another nightmare and mad dash to insure you are covered for health care in your area. I am beginning to see this yearly process as a way to limit customer participation and greed to raise costs.

Each year some Medicare provider drops Coles County and Sarah Bush hospital and doctors as in-net providers. Two years ago Coventry Medicare Advantage left Coles. Now ... we hear Health Alliance will no longer cover Coles County through our main hospital Sarah Bush or doctors (as of June 30). Citizens rely on Medicare, but companies are playing the system to raise costs and reject coverage to specific areas and hospital affiliates.

Medicare only covers Part A and B only 80% taken out of Social Security and we are left to cover the other 20% and drugs. Those supplemental plans are not cheap due to co-pays and up front deductibles. Nothing our government touches or is behind ever benefits the citizens of the United States.

Dave Kersey, Mattoon

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments