Anita Dukeman presents Comfort of Soup at Effingham Public Library
The Effingham Public Library will host CI Living Guest Chef Anita Dukeman, as she presents a cooking demonstration on soups and broths.
The Comfort of Soup, a one-hour cooking demonstration and program, will take place at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at the Suzette Brumleve Memorial Effingham Public Library.
Throughout the demonstration, Dukeman will discuss the history of soup, explore the health benefits of soups and broths, and teach how to prepare a couple of quick, easy soup recipes.
“With the cold, winter weather, it is the perfect time to warm up with a bowl of soup,” said Programming Outreach Manager Catherine Bailey. “The program will not only include a demonstration by Anita, but also will highlight the history of soup and the health benefits of soup.”
Dukeman was raised by her depression-era grandparents in Detroit, where the family cooked as part of their everyday lives and eating out was a rare event. The meals the family cooked were prepared with the most available, least expensive ingredients, but they were also health, nutritious and delicious.
Dukeman, who now resides in Arthur, took the basic skills she learned from her grandmother and the gourmet cooking skills she learned from a college friend, and she practiced to improve her cooking ability.
Now, Dukeman teaches cooking classes and presents programs throughout the area to help others improve their cooking skills. She also writes a blog, Anita’s Table Talk, which can be found at www.anitastabletalk.com.
Registration is required for the program. The number of seats is limited for the program.
- Wed, Oct 16, 2013 @ 4:00 pm
- Mon, Feb 1, 2016 @ 10:30 am
- Mon, Feb 1, 2016 @ 1:15 pm
- Mon, Feb 1, 2016 @ 5:30 pm
- Mon, Feb 8, 2016 @ 10:30 am
- Mon, Feb 8, 2016 @ 1:15 pm
- Mon, Feb 8, 2016 @ 5:30 pm
- Mon, Feb 15, 2016 @ 10:30 am
- Mon, Feb 15, 2016 @ 1:15 pm
- Mon, Feb 15, 2016 @ 5:30 pm
- Mon, Feb 22, 2016 @ 10:30 am
- Mon, Feb 22, 2016 @ 1:15 pm
- Mon, Feb 22, 2016 @ 5:30 pm
- Mon, Feb 29, 2016 @ 10:30 am
- Occurred Thursday, February 21st, 2019 @ 6:00 pm