Events listed below may vary due to the ongoing Phase 4 guidelines.
- Allterton Park and Retreat Center, Monticello, gardens, trails, and roads, open; public to maintain social distancing guidelines; other onsite facilities closed to the public. Virtual events currently ongoing; visit allerton.illinois.edu/ or contact email@example.com.
- Castle Finn Winery, Marshall; Friday and Saturdays, noon to 6 p.m.; Sundays, noon to 5 p.m.; outdoor seating only, social distancing guidelines in effect. Facemasks not required for entry, but are recommended; www.castlefinnwinery.com.
- Charleston Public Library, closed to the public until further notice; curbside service currently available, visit www.charlestonlibrary.org and click on "Find an Item" tab; overdue fines will not accrue during this time. If you need an item renewed, please email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org with your library card number, the title of the item, and the item’s barcode. E-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines are available at http://charlestonlibrary.org/digitalcontent.
- Doudna Fine Arts Center, Eastern Illinois University, all events scheduled through September cancelled or postponed; 217-581-3110. Updates and virtual events can be found on www.facebook.com/doudnaeiu/.
- Douglas Hart Nature Center, Mattoon, all events, programs, and volunteer opportunities cancelled through July 5th; Small, all-day summer camps will be held in July. Register online only at crm.nonprofiteasy.com/6396/Pages/Events/#/.
Trails remain open, please follow all social distancing guidelines. Info on virtual programs can be found on their website and Facebook, 217-235-4644; email@example.com.
- 18th Street Farmers Market, 825 18th Street, Charleston, front parking lot at the Department of Human Services; Opens at 8 a.m.; Parking on the northside of the building. Event approved by Coles County Health Department. All vendors will wear masks and gloves. Customers are asked to wear masks as well; 217-345-4700.
- Effingham Performance Center, "Movies Under the Stars" outdoor summer movie series, Saturdays in July, starting July 11; social distancing guidelines followed, concessions available; reserve seating by calling the EPC Box Office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A $10 deposit is required, with the $10 going toward the purchase of the movie tickets. all other shows through Aug. 1 postponed or rescheduled. 217-540-2788; www.the-epc.org/.
- Fairview Drive-In, 16045 E. Hwy 33, Newton, "Ghostbusters" (1984) and "Jumanji: The Next Level", through July 4; "Jurassic World" coming soon; Tickets available through link on website; two car spacing, play area closed, popcorn available but grill is closed; driventheatre.com/.
- Gaslight Art Colony, Marshall, closed until further notice. All scheduled classes are postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date. Kate Meehling Memorial show will be held in August if reopened then; Fiber Arts Show still scheduled for Aug 15-Sept.12. Entry forms can be found at www.gaslightartcolony.com; 217-293-1050.
- Krannert Center, Urbana, no performances announced for upcoming season; krannertcenter.com/; Krannert Art Museum, currently closed to the public, updates and virtual events at www.facebook.com/kamillinois/.
- Lincoln Log Cabin, Lerna; open to the public, shelters, playgrounds, historic buildings, and the visitors center will remain closed for the time being, and restrictions on group size will remain in place. Visitors will be able to visit hiking trails, fishing pond, and tour the outdoor portions of the historic farms; www.facebook.com/lincolnlogcabin/.
- Link Art Gallery, Paris, “Indiana Modern Impressionism” exhibit featuring acrylic & oil works created by Christel Gutelius from Mecca, Ind.; opening reception scheduled for July 11, exhibit viewable through July 17; 217-466-8130. Online viewing can be found on their Facebook page.
- Little Theater On the Square, Sullivan. 2020 summer season postponed. Tentative re-opening in October; 217-728-2065.
- Mattoon Farmers Market, Lytle Park, Cedar Ave. entrance along South 32nd street, 8 a.m.-11 a.m., Friday through early Fall; social distancing guidelines in effect; customers are asked to wear masks.
- Mattoon Public Library, currently open Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sat: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; request books at 217-234-2621; at www.mattoonlibrary.org; or at email@example.com; Summer Reading 2020 program underway through July 31, register at https://mattoonlibrary.beanstack.org/; online reading opportunities available at https://rpls.overdrive.com/.
- Mattoon Area YMCA, Open 5 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, and noon-4 p.m. on Sunday. The number of people in the facility will be limited by the state. pool hours available, reserve your time at mattoonymca.org/group-fitness/; virtual workouts and other events available at www.facebook.com/mattoonymca/.
- Peoria Civic Center, box office currently closed; next scheduled event, Oct. 1; 309-673-8900; www.peoriaciviccenter.com/events.
- Pla-mor Danceland, Pana; Closed until further notice, 618-283-1314; www.facebook.com/PlaMorDanceland.
- Rock Springs Nature Center, Decatur; open Monday-Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thursday 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday 1-5 p.m.. face coverings required if entering the building; indoor Hands-on exhibits will not be available; trails and outdoor areas open for hiking, walking, and nature exploration, social distancing guidelines in effect. 217-423-7708; www.facebook.com/RockSpringsNatureCenter/.
- State Farm Center, box office closed until further notice; scheduled shows cancelled or postponed for a later date; 217-333-2923; www.statefarmcenter.com/events.
- Tarble Arts Center, Eastern Illinois University, closed until further notice; "New to Me" at-home art projects, 2020 Undergraduate All Student Exhibition, and the 2020 Graduate Art Exhibitions to be viewable online; visit www.eiu.edu/tarble/ or www.facebook.com/theTarble/.
- Tuscan Hills Winery, Effingham; July Fourth Celebration, 5 p.m., Saturday with Skylar Rogers and The Blue Diamonds performing at 7 p.m.; Food Truck available, 3 p.m. every Saturday; Taco Tuesdays, 5 p.m., every Tuesday; Outdoor seating, Social Distancing Guidelines in effect; 217-347-9463; www.effinghamwinery.com/events.
- The Virginia Theatre, Champaign; closed for renovation through Sept. 30; 217-356-9063; thevirginia.org/.
- Willow Ridge Winery, Shelbyville; Fireworks at Willow Ridge, food from BBQ Stewy Style, fireworks start at dusk, Dakota Danielle performs from 6-9 p.m.; Groups of 50 will be separated in compliance with phase 4 guidelines.There will be an inside and outside bar, to avoid groups larger than 50 gathering in any location. 217-738-2323; www.facebook.com/WillowRidgeWinery/.
Illinois moves to Phase 4: Here's what reopens Friday
Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Monday released guidelines about what businesses and industries reopen Friday as the state moves into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan.
Concerned about COVID-19?
Sign up now to get the most recent coronavirus headlines and other important local and national news sent to your email inbox daily.