It’s that time of year again. Summer Read time!
The Charleston Carnegie Public Library launched "It’s Showtime at Your Library" summer reading program on June 3. During the next two months, the library will host a range of free activities for children, teens, and adults to encourage and support a love of reading. Participants can win prizes for reaching their reading goals.
Entries are accepted through July 28. All ages are welcome and encouraged to participate.
What is it?
An eight-week reading/activity oriented program. Once you complete and submit your weekly reading/activity, you’ll receive a prize and be eligible for a grand prize!
How do I join?
No registration required. Each week you will submit the goal you have completed online at www.charlestonlibrary.org. Please ask staff members for any help with submissions.
Where do I claim the prizes?
All adult prizes may be claimed at the Service Desk or the Information Desk.
All babies/kids/teens prizes may be claimed at the KidSpace Desk.
Grand prize drawing is Friday, Aug. 2. You do not need to be present to win.
Each week you can read at least two hours or choose to complete an activity listed below. Only eight tasks are required!
- Meet some new CHARACTERS with a NEW book!
- KINDNESS is a showstopper!: commit a random act of kindness!
- Jump in your car and attend an ENTERTAINING library event.
- BRAVO! You’ll learn something new! Check out a non-fiction book and READ!
- Sing-a-long! Get together for a family/friends musical movie night!
- No more DRAMA! Turn off technology and relax with a book.
- Feel like you’re a part of the CAST with an audio or eAudiobook!
- READ a biography of a favorite person in the arts!
- SHOWCASE your cooking skills by checking out a cookbook!
- WHODUNIT?! Read a mystery!
- Get some COMIC RELIEF with a humorous eBook!
- PLAYBACK an old favorite book or movie!
For more information on any of these events contact Kattie Livingston, adult services manager, Charleston Public Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 217-345-4913.