• 1 cup of heavy cream
• 3 cups of milk
• 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 6 oz. of bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
• 4 oz. of milk chocolate (finely chopped)
• 1 quart of ice cream (recommended vanilla)
• Hot fudge sauce
• Chocolate shavings, chopped up cookies, etc. (OPTIONAL)
Whisk together the cream, milk, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan. Place the pan over heat and cook it, whisking occasionally until simmering. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chopped chocolates, stirring until they’re melted.
Place 2-3 scoops of ice cream into mugs. Pour hot chocolate on top of the ice cream, and garnish with whipped cream, fudge sauce, chocolate shavings, cookies or other toppings.