- Parker Anderson of Effingham, dean's list; Ross Metzger of Gays, president's list; and Austin Wetzel of Humboldt, dean's list, have all achieved honors at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The UA Dean's and President's lists recognize full-time undergraduate students. The lists do not apply to graduate students or to undergraduate students who take less than a full course load.
- Joseph Mckirahan, Charleston, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, is one of more than 5,700 undergraduate students at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kan. who earned honor roll distinction for the spring 2019 semester.
- Marc Davis, Tuscola, majoring in finance, was named to the spring 2019 president's list at Miami University. Miami University students who are ranked in the top three percent of undergraduate students within each division for second semester 2018-19 are named to the president's list recognizing academic excellence.
- The American Legion Auxiliary recently awarded Hannah Retzer of Mattoon the Ada Muckelstone Scholarship. Retzer received the scholarship at the American Legion Auxiliary Department Convention in Springfield. She will receive $1000 towards tuition at Greenville University. The scholarships are judged on the following criteria: Character/Leadership, an essay on "What My Education Will Do For Me/'The Veteran in My Life", Academic Achievement, and Need.
- D. Kameron Browning of Mattoon, Ashlee Burton of Charleston, and Allison Endsley of Charleston have all been recognized with Distinguished Senior Awards at Eastern Illinois University. The Distinguished Senior Awards recognize those who have demonstrated outstanding character and leadership through academic achievement, campus and community involvement, and/or extra-curricular honors or awards. Recipients must be planning to graduate in the 2019 calendar year and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Register for more free articles.
Stay logged in to skip the surveys.