Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
top story

Charleston house catches fire, severely damaging house

  • Updated
  • 0

CHARLESTON — No serious injuries were reported in a Charleston house fire on Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.

Crews were called at about 1:20 p.m. to the scene at 2322 Saratoga Place. 

"Everyone was out of the house when we arrived," said Assistant Fire Chief Tim Meister.

The call initially alerted the fire department of an oven fire in the basement, which was causing light smoke. 

The fire soon spread to the first and second floors, causing heavy damage before eventually being extinguished, said Meister.

0 Comments
0
0
0
0
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News